Bedford on Call (BEDOC) is a non-profit making Community Benefit Society, whose membership comprises of largely local GP’s, staff and community representatives.
BEDOC provides an Extended Access Service, facilitating evening and weekend appointments at local GP bases. This is provided at seven centres across four areas of Bedfordshire and provides GP and other primary care clinician appointments in the evening and on weekends to extend the access to GP services. The Service is delivered between 6.30pm and 8pm on weekdays, as well as weekends and Bank Holidays.
BEDOC has also been contracted to arrange and manage the Network Multidisciplinary Services as part of Bedfordshire Clinical Commissioning Group's Primary Care Strategy.
Our mission is to ensure a caring safe and effective quality service to patients supported by cohesive teamwork; using the skills and expertise of all of its members to their full potential, ensuring innovation be at its heart; creating a culture that listens, learns and empowers both patients and staff alike.
Our vision is to:
- Deliver a dynamic responsive service to address people’s needs and concerns.
- To listen and treat both staff and patient’s alike, with respect, dignity, kindness, compassion and applying duty of candour.
- To ensure clinical management is based on best practice.
- To provide a safe and effective service by listening and responding to patient and staff feedback, compliments and complaints, serious incidents and safeguarding alerts.
- To guarantee a leadership, management and governance structure within the organisation, delivering quality person centred care, supporting learning and innovation.
Sandra Mabbott, Chief Executive
BEDOC, Elstow Medical Centre
MK42 9GP Elstow
See map: Google Maps