Urgent Health UK is the federation of Social Enterprise Unscheduled Primary Care Providers committed to providing the highest quality of care for patients.
Through our members we are the largest player in the medical out-of-hours services market and also provide many other unscheduled care services including urgent care centres, GP led 8-8 practices, emergency and community dental services, community nursing and admissions avoidance schemes.
Urgent Health UK validates the quality of care of each member organisation by requiring it to participate and fund annual external audit using a ten point benchmark (see Quality Standards). Results are shared with members to encourage and promote best practice
We provide our members with a range of services which include:
- • Auditing and benchmarking against a range of relevant quality standards
- • Sharing of information and resources through discussion forums, workshops and an Annual Conference
- • A purchasing consortium which generates cost savings for members and their associated GP practices
- • Market intelligence
- • Joint National representation initiatives
- • Opportunities for staff development