We operate as a federation of social enterprise healthcare providers enabling members to benefit by working together and effectively being part of a much larger organisation.
Our services to members can be summarised as follows;
- Quality audit and benchmarking by external NHS auditors against agreed outcome focused quality standards
- Purchasing consortium which generates savings for members
- Market intelligence – analysis of our markets, identifying business opportunities and comparing prices
- Sharing of information and resources through discussion forums, workshops and the annual conference.
- Joint public relations initiatives
- Joint National representation initiatives (eg on The Five Year Forward View, NHS 111, Social Enterprise in Health)
Categories of Membership:
- Full Membership
Social enterprise and other not-for-profit organisations providing healthcare services in the United Kingdom can join Urgent Health UK as full members and participate in the annual quality audit and benchmarking programme.
- Associate Membership
Organisations which are not current providers of healthcare services in the United Kingdom may wish to join UHUK.
They might fall into the following categories;
- Commissioners, other trade associations, representative bodies, etc which want access to workshops, conferences and other information and wish to join in the dialogue on a range of issues.
- Potential social enterprise and other not-for-profit providers which have not yet won a contract or started trading but would like access to a range of information and services from UHUK
- Social enterprise and other not-for-profit providers of healthcare services based outside the United Kingdom
Associate members have access to a range of information and services but do not participate in the quality audit and benchmarking programme and cannot vote at members’ meetings.